President Teacher Award 2019 and OYEA 2019
Open for Nominations: 2 Categories of National Awards for Outstanding Teachers
President's Award for Teachers (PAT) 2019
1. Do you know teachers who have made outstanding contributions in moulding the future of our nation? The Ministry of Education (MOE) invites you to nominate them for the following national awards:
2. The President’s Award for Teachers recognises excellent educators for their dedication and hard work in developing our young. These teachers must believe in preparing students for life, as well as embody the commitment to continuous learning. In addition, they should inspire their students and act as role models for the teaching fraternity. They should also be reflective practitioners who demonstrate deep pedagogy.
3. The PAT is now open to teachers from primary and secondary schools, Junior Colleges (JC) and Millennia Institute (MI), as well as educators from the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and polytechnics. Since the establishment of the award in 1998, it has recognised 92 teachers for their teaching excellence, dedication and hard work.
Outstanding Youth in Education Award (OYEA) 2019
4. Separately, the Outstanding Youth in Education Award (OYEA) recognises young teachers, aged 35 and below, for their youthful idealism, enthusiasm, energy and active involvement in youth development.
5. OYEA is open to teachers born on or after 30 June 1984, and are presently in service in a primary school, secondary school, JC or MI. Since its inception in 1999, 72 outstanding young educators have received the award.
6. Nominations for both awards can be submitted online or via hard copy. The links to the online nomination forms can be found on the Academy of Singapore Teachers’ website at https://tinyurl.com/2019PAT and https://tinyurl.com/OYEA2019
7. Hard copy nomination forms for both awards are available at all primary and secondary schools, JCs, MI, and MOE’s Customer Service Centre at 1 North Buona Vista Drive. PAT nomination forms can also be found at all 5 polytechnics and ITE.
8. Nominations start on 1 October 2018 for both awards. OYEA nominations will close on 8 January 2019 and PAT nominations will close two weeks later on 22 January 2019.